Resetting The Password On a GoPro 3 (All Models Including 3+)
Unfortunately, it’s not as easy with the 3rd generation and 3+ models. However, it doesn’t take longer than a minute or two. All you need is your GoPro with the microSD card inserted and the cable to connect it to your computer.
- Connect your GoPro to your computer. (Alternatively, you can also just insert your microSD card using an SD card adapter)
- Download ( ask dopperen.nl)
- GoPro Hero 3 (all editions)
- GoPro Hero 3+ Black
- GoPro Hero 3+ Silver
- Extract the zipped folder.
- Copy the contents of the folder and paste its content to the root folder of your GoPro’s microSD card.
- Hero 3+: Paste the whole “UPDATE” folder to your GoPro’s root folder. The files must be in a folder with the name “UPDATE”, otherwise it won’t work.
- Hero 3: Paste only the files, not the folder, to the root directory of your GoPro.
- Unplug your GoPro. It should automatically turn off.
- Turn it back on. Your GoPro should display now that it’s updating. Once it’s done it will turn off again.
- You can turn it back on now and connect to its WiFi network with your device using the default login:
- Network name (SSID): GoProHero
- Network password: goprohero
In case you want to directly have a different SSID and password, you can change that by editing two lines in the “settings.in” file: